Granted pursuant to P.D. No. 1569, dated June 11, 1978, titled “Strengthening the Barangay Nutrition Program by Providing for a Barangay Nutrition Scholar in Every Barangay, Providing Funds Therefor, and for Other Purposes”.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE GRANT OF BNSE
The BNSE shall be granted to barangay-based volunteer workers for rendering at least two (2) years of continuous and satisfactory nutrition services and other related activities, such as community health, backyard food production, environmental sanitation, culture, mental feeding, and family planning to the barangay.
BNS who have been hired by agencies under Job Order status and/or Contract of Service may still avail of/qualify for the grant of BNSE.
APPROPRIATENESS OF BNSE
The BNSE is a first level eligibility and may be considered for appointment to positions which do not require written examination, provided the appointee meets the education, training, experience, and other requirements of the position. (Provided under CSC MC No. 4, s. 2001)
DATE OF EFFECTIVITY OF BNSE
The date of effectivity of the BNSE shall be the date of approval of an application by the CSC Regional Office concerned.
PERIOD OF FILING OF APPLICATION FOR BNSE
Filing of applications for the grant of BNSE is continuous.
General Documentary Requirements
1. Properly accomplished Application Form (CS Form 101-I, Revised Dec. 2011);
2. Three (3) pieces of identical I.D. pictures taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application with specifications, as follows:
a. Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
b. Printed on quality photo paper;
c. In white background;
d. In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at
approximately 1” below the chin);
e. In bare face (without eye glasses/colored contact lens, or any accessory that may cover facial features; facial features not computer-enhanced);
f. Showing left and right ears; and
g. With full name tag:
- The name tag must legibly show the applicant’s signature over complete printed name in the format First Name-Middle Initial-Last Name-Extension Name (if any); and
- The name tag should not be computerized, meaning, the applicant should have his/her picture taken while holding his/her written name tag.
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired) upon filing of application, and bears the applicant’s complete name, picture and signature, and the issuing officer’s name and signature:
a. Current Office/Company I.D.
b. School I.D (must be duly validated for the current school year)
c. GSIS UMID
d. SSS I.D.
e. Passport (with signature of the applicant)
f. Driver’s License
g. PRC License
h. BIR/TIN I.D. (ATM type/laminated card with picture type)
i. Police Clearance (with picture)
j. Voter’s I.D.
k. PhilHealth I.D. (ATM type)
l. Postal I.D.
m. Barangay I.D.
Note: Any other I.D. card NOT included in the above list shall NOT be accepted. Alumni, association, membership, and health I.D.s, including ATM cards, shall NOT be accepted.
4. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO);
Note: In case where the NSO-issued Birth Certificate is not legible, or the NSO has duly issued a Negative Certification of Birth (NSO CRS Form No. 1) printed in NSO security form, the applicant shall, in addition, be required to submit the original and photocopy of his/her Birth Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
5. For female married applicants, original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate authenticated/issued by the NSO;
Note: In case where the NSO-issued Marriage Certificate is not legible, the applicant shall, in addition, be required to submit the original and photocopy of his/her Marriage Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
6. Certification executed by the applicant that he/she has no pending administrative and/or criminal case before any court/authorized body, and that he/she has never been found guilty/convicted of any administrative offense and/or crime, using the prescribed CSC SPEL Form 1, April 2012; and
7. If filing of the application is through a representative:
a. Authorization letter executed by the applicant; and
b. Original and photocopy of at least one (1) valid I.D. card of the representative as listed under Item no. 3 hereof.
Specific Documentary Requirements
1. Diploma, or authentic evidence of completion of high school course;
2. Certification of residency in the barangay for at least six (6) years, and can speak the dialect;
3. Certification of completion of the prescribed 10-day training course and 20-day practicum in the barangay where applicant is assigned;
4. Certification that the applicant has obtained a passing mark in the accomplishment of targets set in the action plan;
5. Copies of monthly accomplishment report (NNC Form 5) for the last two (2) years authenticated by the nutrition action officer;
6. Copies of BNS performance evaluation sheets for the last two (2) years authenticated by the nutrition action officer for services rendered from January 1, 1981;
7. Certification of at least two-year continuous and satisfactory service as BNS by the nutrition action officer and attested by the district city nutrition program coordinator;
8. Copies of MOA, or contract of service as BNS for the last two (2) years;
Note: The MOA, or contract of service must, at the least, include provisions on the following key elements:
- Name of the parties entering into the agreement, or contract, including their addresses;
- Duration/term/period of agreement, or contract, stating beginning and ending dates;
- Statement/definition of duties and responsibilities of the parties involved;
- Date of execution;
- Signatures of the parties;
- Witnesses; and
9. Notarized Affidavit stating that the BNS was not employed in the government during his/her service requirement, and that he/she did not receive any form of salary/compensation, except honorarium, during his/her service requirement; and
Note: For purposes of the requirement for Notarized Affidavit, the phrase “was not employed in the government” shall mean that the BNS was not issued any appointment, whether permanent, temporary, substitute, coterminous, contractual, or casual, and that he/she did not receive any salary/compensation derived from any government agency plantilla payroll, during his/her service requirement.
Salary/compensation shall not include allowances such as meal allowance, transportation allowance, and the like.
10. Original/authenticated and dry-sealed List of BNS issued by the National Nutrition Council (agency to agency concern; to be submitted by NNC to CSCRO).
WHERE TO FILE APPLICATIONS FOR BNSE
Properly accomplished CS Form 101-I (Revised, Dec. 2011), together with the pictures and other documentary requirements, must be submitted to the CSC Regional Office, or any of its Field Offices, having jurisdiction over the Barangay where an applicant has rendered services.
For more information, please visit: Civil Service Commission Official Website