- Category: About Region 9
NNC REGION IX SECRETARIAT OFFICE STRUCTURE
NNC VISION STATEMENT
NNC is the authority in ensuring the nutritional well-being of all Filipinos, recognized locally and globally, and led by a team of competent and committed public servants.
NNC MISSION STATEMENT
To orchestrate efforts of government, private sector, international organizations and other stakeholders at all levels, in addressing hunger and malnutrition of Filipinos through:
Policy and program formulation and coordination;
Promotion of good nutrition;
Resource generation and mobilization
Partnership and alliance building
NNC CORE VALUES
We conduct our work and relate with our various stakeholders and partners with deep sense of honesty and openness.
We serve with enthusiasm and dedication characterized by versatility and dynamism, discipline and strict adherence to work ethics.
We provide high quality and timely service characterized by a unified, innovative and competent performance.
We respond to the needs of our employees and various publics with love and respect and recognize the valuable contribution of each member of the organization.
We conduct our business with openness and truthfulness with strict adherence to existing laws, rules, regulations of government and the principles of good governance.
FUNCTIONS OF REGIONAL NUTRITION OFFICE
- Execute policies, directives and guidelines set by the Office of the Executive Director at the regional level;
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Philippine Plan of Action for Nutrition at the local level;
- Provide technical assistance to local program implementers to enhance their involvement;
- Establish and maintain functional linkages with agencies involved in the nutrition program;
- Promote nutrition advocacy and undertake resource mobilization activities at the regional level;
- Generate nutrition and related data and serve as monitoring and data base center for the regional PPAN;
- Facilitate the provision of material support from various sources for the intended recipients in the nutrition program;
- Serve as the Secretariat to the Regional Nutrition Committee and other regional nutrition-related committee; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned.