The National Nutrition Council - Region VIII is headed by Regional Nutrition Program Coordinator, Dr. Catalino P. Dotollo, Jr., and is composed of (6) Development Management Officer II, (1) Project Development Officer I, (1) Administrative Aide VI, (1) Administrative Assistant I, (1) Administrative Aide III, and (1) Utility Worker.
- Execute policies, directives, and guidelines set by the NNC Governing Board at the regional levels;
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Philippine Plan of Action for Nutrition (PPAN) at the regional level;
- Provide technical assistance to program implementers at the regional and local levels;
- Establish and maintain functional linkages with agencies involved in the nutrition program;
- Conduct nutrition trainings, promotion and advocacy as well as resource mobilization activities in the region;
- Generate nutrition and related data and serve as monitoring and database center for the regional PPAN;
- Facilitate the provision of materials from various sources for the intended recipients of the nutrition program;
- Serve as the secretariat to the Regional Nutrition Committee and other technical committees; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned.