NATIONAL NUTRITION COUNCIL
The NNC, as mandated by law, is the country's highest policy-making and coordinating body on nutrition.
THE NNC LOGO
Improving the nutrition situation in cannot be achieved by spoonfeeding alone nor by the generosity of a single sector's spoon.
It requires collaboration in creating and recreating ideas; seeking unity and totality of approach toward nutritional adequacy for all Filipinos.
NNC Core Functions
- Formulate national food and nutrition policies and strategies and serve as the policy, coordinating and advisory body of food, nutrition and health concerns;
- Coordinate planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the national nutrition program;
- Coordinate the hunger mitigation and malnutrition prevention program to achieve relevant Millennium Development Goals;
- Strengthen competencies and capabilities of stakeholders through public education, capacity building and skills development;
- Coordinate the release of funds, loans, and grants from government organizations (GOs) and nongovernment organizations (NGOs); and
- Call on any department, bureau, office, agency and other instrumentalities of the government for assistance in the form of personnel, facilities and resources as the need arises.
History of Composition and Legal Bases